A home that is visibly falling apart will not attract many buyers. If you’re looking to sell a house fast in Dallas, you need to keep it in perfect condition. Here are the top repairs to consider before listing your home for sale.
Bathrooms and Kitchens
Bathrooms and kitchens often see the most wear and tear. Here are a few components to fix in these rooms before listing your home for sale:
- Check your kitchen appliances like the stove, refrigerator, dishwasher, and ovens to see if they are in good working order.
- Verify if the cabinet doors open and close smoothly. Look for signs of water damage or rot. Fix loose hinges and replace broken handles and knobs. Severely damaged cabinets might need to be replaced, costing you a small fortune.
- Check for leaks in the sinks and faucets. Unclog any blockages and ensure that both hot and cold options work.
- Bathtubs and showers should be fully functional, and the drains should be free of clogs. If the paint on your tub is peeling, you might need to resurface the tub. Replace any broken shower tiles.
Once you have fixed up the kitchen and bathrooms, it’s time to focus on the interiors.
- Repair nail holes and fix other minor dents on the drywall.
- If you notice signs of water damage, repaint the walls. Repainting is one of the most inexpensive ways to refresh your home and give it a brand-new look.
- Remove wallpaper from the walls as it can make the home feel tacky and old-school. Instead, give your walls a fresh coat of paint.
- Replace any cracked or missing floor tiles. If you have a hardwood floor, you can consider refinishing them to give the home a fresh look.
- Check if the HVAC system, water heaters, smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, electric panels, and circuit breakers are working correctly.
Once you’ve sorted the inside of the house, it’s time to turn your attention to the exteriors. Here are some repair projects that have a high payoff:
- Check if all exterior doors, including the garage doors, open and close smoothly. Replace any broken handles and locks.
- A broken or damaged roof is a big turn-off for prospective homeowners. Check for any broken or missing tiles or shingles.
- Check if the patio and deck are structurally sound and compliant with local building regulations. Look for signs of water or termite damage on patios and decks. You can apply a coat of waterproof paint to prevent future water damage.
A home is a most significant investment. Regular maintenance, some TLC, and a little elbow grease can help you maintain it for years to come. Fix these issues to get the best buyer offers when selling your home.
If you’re looking for an easier way to sell your Dallas home without spending time and money on repairs, reach out to Texas Sell My House. As the top-rated cash home buyers in Dallas, we help you sell your home quickly and without hassles. Get in touch with us today to get a free cash offer on your home.